The Tech Innovation Forum, part of OC Innovation Week, featured the Capital & Growth Company showcase presented by K&L Gates. The event, held on May 10th and 11th at AV Irvine, provided a platform for seven innovative companies to present their products and business models to a diverse audience of investors, strategists, industry experts, and attendees of the Forum. The presentations were judged for their quality and potential to attract investment funding. Let’s recap the event and highlight the exciting presentations that took place.
- Trubify: Trubify, an award-winning disruptive music publishing platform, showcased its generative AI innovations. Their unique approach to music publishing aims to revolutionize the industry by leveraging cutting-edge AI technology. Trubify’s presentation demonstrated its commitment to transforming the music landscape.
- Bored & Thirsty: Bored & Thirsty presented an innovative canvas for promoting branded art and creativity projects. Their platform offers a refreshing approach to quenching the thirst for creativity while allowing brands to engage with audiences in an exciting and interactive way. The presentation highlighted the potential of art as a powerful marketing tool.
- GoGoods: GoGoods introduced their concept of infinite monetization of digital goods for creators and providing true ownership for buyers. By leveraging blockchain technology, GoGoods aims to disrupt the traditional models of digital asset ownership and monetization. Their presentation showcased the potential for a decentralized and transparent marketplace.
- Integrated Medical Sensors (IMS): IMS is developing a platform for monitoring blood chemistry to enable comprehensive health tracking. Their presentation highlighted the importance of real-time data collection and analysis in the healthcare industry. With their innovative approach, IMS aims to empower individuals to take control of their health and well-being.
- Smerf: Smerf presented a revolutionary social infrastructure that connects and elevates online gaming. Their platform aims to enhance the gaming experience by fostering a strong community and providing advanced social features.
- Thrivelab: Thrivelab showcased its AI-driven virtual clinic and online pharmacy in the anti-aging space. Their innovative platform aims to provide personalized healthcare solutions and improve the quality of life for individuals seeking anti-aging treatments.
- Qudient: Quidient’s presentation focused on its AI software, which simplifies the process of virtualizing the world through video recording. By leveraging AI algorithms, Quidient aims to make virtualization more accessible and user-friendly. Their innovative approach has the potential to revolutionize the way we capture and share virtual experiences.
The winner from Fast Pitch at UCI Beall Applied Innovation earlier in the week, Todd R. Smith with KYG Trade Inc. also got to present on the main stage. Emceed by Spencer Hamer, Partner, K&L Gates. The Capital & Growth Company showcase at Tech Innovation Forum was a tremendous success, fueling innovation and highlighting the vibrant tech ecosystem in Orange County. The presentations from Trubify, Bored & Thirsty, GoGoods, Integrated Medical Sensors, Smerf, Thrivelab, and Quidient showcased the diversity and disruptive potential of these companies. The “People’s Choice” award winner, Smerf, and the “Judge’s Choice” award winner, Thrivelab, exemplified the impact and investment appeal of their respective ventures. The event served as a catalyst for further innovation and collaboration in Orange County’s tech community, paving the way for a brighter future.
A Special Thank You To Our Judges:
Ibrahim El-Sayed, Regional Business Manager, Softeq
Lisa Walker, President, Tech Coast Angels OC
Stevie Tyszka, Founder & CEO, Trubify
Bill Denk, Founder & CEO, GoGoods
Muhammad Mujeeb-U-Rahman, TITLE, Integrated Medical Sensors
Zack DeFord, Founder & CEO, Smerf
Joshua Host, CEO, Thrivelabs
Scott Ackerson, CEO & President, Quidient & Nathan Kong, Head of Business Development, Quidient
Learn more about Capital & Growth + Octane Capital Markets
Octane Capital & Growth is providing advocacy for innovative startups, assisting with commercialization, and capital campaigns. Check out Octane’s Annual Impact Report, which showcases the metrics Octane has in creating 55,000+ high-paying jobs. With data validated by Deloitte, we have found that Octane’s reach is even greater than in years past, with 1,573 companies assisted (with an 82% success rate of funded companies) and $5.9B in capital raised by these companies.
Octane Capital Markets – What To Expect: A fee-based program. 6 months of showcasing your company to the Octane network of investors, partners, and growth resources.
Comprehensive: Event showcase opportunities at Ophthalmology, Aesthetics, Tech, Cardiovascular, or MedTech signature events hosted by Octane.
Interested in learning more? Connect with Octane Capital Markets by inquiring here.